GGUK - The UK Horse Forum

A friendly forum where you can share and discuss all your equine interests

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horse Auction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zara

Zara

Horse Auction Empty
PostSubject: Horse Auction   Horse Auction Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:56 pm

Yesterday I went to Ashford horse auction, I went with no intention on buying..And lucky i didnt buy anything as i dont have any were to put a horse at the minute. and my dad would have gone slightly nuts..Lol
But to be honest i no there is a big risk of buying from an auctions, but i dont see anything wrong with it..Yes there were a few dodge ones there but some of there others did look alrite
i did keep my eye on 2 horse while i was walking round..1 was a 6 month old N/F colt which i would have been able to ride but i just really liked him he went for £40 and 2 was a 16.2hh 6yr old Irish gelding called Gill who only went for £550 and his owner said she bought him for £2500 in jan.. weathers thats true or not..but you could have sold him on and made quite a bit more money

What do you think of auctions..??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosie

Rosie

Horse Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Auction   Horse Auction Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 6:32 pm

I have been to the Clitheroe market and it was full of welshie babies. Also a couple of nice cobs, they went for good money. I have no problems with buying through a market but would not sell through one. I saw a lovely mare at the sale I went to, she was very well bred but lame.

I also know a dealer who puts any horse he thinks will give him a bad reputation through the markets, so I do think you really have to know what you are doing.
Rosie x
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Horse Auction
Page 1 of 1