GGUK - The UK Horse Forum

A friendly forum where you can share and discuss all your equine interests

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Horse Auction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zara

PostSubject: Horse Auction   Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:56 pm

Yesterday I went to Ashford horse auction, I went with no intention on buying..And lucky i didnt buy anything as i dont have any were to put a horse at the minute. and my dad would have gone slightly nuts..Lol
But to be honest i no there is a big risk of buying from an auctions, but i dont see anything wrong with it..Yes there were a few dodge ones there but some of there others did look alrite
i did keep my eye on 2 horse while i was walking round..1 was a 6 month old N/F colt which i would have been able to ride but i just really liked him he went for £40 and 2 was a 16.2hh 6yr old Irish gelding called Gill who only went for £550 and his owner said she bought him for £2500 in jan.. weathers thats true or not..but you could have sold him on and made quite a bit more money

What do you think of auctions..??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Horse Auction   Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:32 pm

I have been to the Clitheroe market and it was full of welshie babies. Also a couple of nice cobs, they went for good money. I have no problems with buying through a market but would not sell through one. I saw a lovely mare at the sale I went to, she was very well bred but lame.

I also know a dealer who puts any horse he thinks will give him a bad reputation through the markets, so I do think you really have to know what you are doing.
Rosie x
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Horse Auction
Page 1 of 1