GGUK - The UK Horse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GGUK - The UK Horse Forum

A friendly forum where you can share and discuss all your equine interests

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who is rugging now?

Go down 
+2
RachaelC
Rosie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosie

Rosie

Who is rugging now? Empty
PostSubject: Who is rugging now?   Who is rugging now? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi Peeps,
Now those of you who know me well will know I am a tad neurotic about Cappy's welfare but am I going too far? Cappy is now in his medium lite stable rug as it was -3c up here. My YO was a bit like "he will sweat" So is it too much? Or are you rugging now?
Rosie x
Back to top Go down
RachaelC

RachaelC

PostSubject: Re: Who is rugging now?   Who is rugging now? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:27 pm

Maya has a middle/heavyweight stable rug on at the minute, its getting quite cold here at night.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Emily

PostSubject: Re: Who is rugging now?   Who is rugging now? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Demi has a med weight on but I will adding more rugs after sat when she's been clipped out Smile
Back to top Go down
Bracken

Bracken

PostSubject: Re: Who is rugging now?   Who is rugging now? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:08 am

Bracken is still out 24/7 and in a MW at night and if warm in the day LW or if not he just stays in his MW. We have had bitterly cold winds all week and he hates wind. Also he is a bit on the thin side due to lack of grass all summer so I want him putting on weight not losing it.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Who is rugging now?   Who is rugging now? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:51 am

Glad it is not just me then!
Rosie x
Back to top Go down
Humphys mum
Humphys mum

PostSubject: Re: Who is rugging now?   Who is rugging now? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:22 am

Funny you should say that, my YO says the same. However, Humphy was fully clipped a couple of weeks ago and it has gone really cold.

During the night he has a summer sheet on under his mw stable rug, then during the day, he still has the summer sheet on under a mw turnout with full neck.

I leave the summer sheet on so that he does not get suddenly cold when changing rugs.

These pics were taken yesterday morning. He looks just so snuggly warm... love it!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Being mugged for a biscuit -
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.smedleyequestrian.co.uk
Emily
Emily

PostSubject: Re: Who is rugging now?   Who is rugging now? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:13 pm

AWWH!!!

He's looking soooo well Very Happy xx loves the H3
Back to top Go down
*chaz*

*chaz*

PostSubject: Re: Who is rugging now?   Who is rugging now? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 1:36 am

Bob has a LW with no filling for if its cold and wet at the same time hehe. He's got a trace clip at the mo ,was done about 3 ish weeks ago and hes already got over a cm of growth on the clipped bit and 1 1/2 inches of fuzz on the unclipped bit!!
He's so hardy he's sweated under his rug the other day so he's currently out naked haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is rugging now?   Who is rugging now? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is rugging now?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GGUK - The UK Horse Forum :: MEMBERS MOMENTS :: Horsey Banter-
Jump to: